Three day weekends mean that Catherine has more free time to make excuses to shop aka support the economy. Here is my list of contributions:
1. 13-inch Macbook Air: you have changed my life forever. You are so thin & so fast, I can barely take my eyes off of you. Well, that is if I were to write a (non technical) love letter.
2. Danielle LaPorte’s orange book – Firestarter Sessions – has become one of my most recent accessories. I don’t go anywhere without it. Why? Bc I may have a spare moment to crack it open in between all things life. This book is jam packed with contagious, inspiring, creative, go-change-the- world-by-being-you energy. (have you ordered one yet?) It works for me. I like the way she speaks/teaches/coaches. Honestly, it is one of the reasons I am making a pact with myself to consistently blog. Just like the the title says, Danielle literally lights a fire under your arse – creatively speaking, of course.
3. GOLD turquoise jewelry, finally. I swear turquoise is paired with silver jewelry 80% of the time so when I saw a TON of gold turquoise jewelry in a new store in RVA called Altar’d State, I practiced self control and only left with 2 pieces.
Common question while shopping with moi: “Cath, don’t you already have that?” Loud sigh on my end, combined with a very stern reply: “No, I don’t have one that does [minor invisible detail] thisssssss.” Ok- big deal, I tend to purchase a variety of the same 4 things: booties, well cut t-shirts, turquoise jewelry, and anything black. One could say it is my uniform but you never know when the cycle of beautiful things may change. One day I may come home with a big poofy Cinderella dress in lieu of a hypothetical black tie event bc guys, I’m not that boring or predictable.
Tassel Necklace || Stone Age Bangle Set
4. SAM EDELMAN LOUIE BOOTIES. Yes, I am behind the band wagon on these and yes, I have had the target version. So you can imagine my excitement when my eyeballs saw these beauties at Nordstrom’s Rack over the weekend. I looked like an absolute psychopath.. No, guys, this is serious. I have a tendency to freeze up when something unexpected happens – and by freeze up I mean look like an alien/make awkward facial expressions etc. Well, I started reaching for the booties really slowly while refusing to look at the size until I tried to them on bc I was afraid of sheer disappointment. Heres the thing: I have looked on website after website for these booties and was continously let down. There was a complete lack of my size (which ranges from a 6-7 depending on how badly I want the shoe, in this case 6, 7 or maybe 8 would have worked..) I was full of peace when these booties fit like a kind of glove and I discovered that these booties were a size 7. Thank you, universe.
5. Paper straws: Anyone who is anyone has paper straws these days. I guess we have Instagram and the bar cart fad to thank for this. Despite the fact that the idea of “paper” straws seem like a soggy idea to me, the power of persuasion really worked here. I have a hypothetical pinterest bar cart and I’m a beer and wine girl but when I saw the straws, I suddenly couldn’t live without them. Sometimes I like beer through a straw anyways.
6. We the Free Circle in the Sand Tee by Free People. I bought this shirt in army green on Friday afternoon and took it off once for a wedding. Yes, I slept in it. Yes, I did the wedding parties makeup in it (video & pics to come!!!!!) It is my soulmate in T-shirt form.