Red Coat : Vintage (similar here); Distressed Slub Knit Tee: Forever 21; Flare Jeans: True Religion Joey with flap pocket (similar here); Medallion Necklace: Forever 21; Sunnies: Forever 21; Shoes: Christian Louboutin “Bianca” Black Pump; Turquoise Earrings: Forever 21 Photo Cred: Rebsharez * Also on The Crystal Press
If you have been following my blog, you know that I like to highlight some of my favorite places to go in the blogosphere in an Influence post. Today I have three to share with you!
1. Collage Vintage
Collage Vintage is a blog founded and curated by Sara Escudero since 2009. Sara is based in Madrid and has used her impeccable taste to grow her blog into a beautiful following. I personally love Sara’s way of mixing patterns and textures in an effortlessly chic way. I find myself always being drawn to bloggers that emulate an effortless look. I also want to point out that Sara includes helpful DIY posts about different hairstyles, nail art, and sewing in addition to her outfit posts. Check her out her blog, twitter, instagram, and her Facebook page.
2. Free Your Bliss
When I wake up in the morning, there is nothing I enjoy more than scrolling through uplifting inspiration and enjoying a cup of coffee. For me, uplifting means a mixture of fashion and engaging quotes. Free Your Bliss is a blog I frequently start my day with because it gets my creative juices flowing. Lauren, the girl behind this tumblr, provides the perfect mixture of good quotes, typography, and fashion for my taste. Check out her blog and find her on twitter.
Rebsharez is a blog founded last year and edited by Rebecca Ott. Rebecca has been in the blogosphere for years but she just recently joined wordpress as a place to share more content involving her personal style. I love looking at Reb’s blog because I enjoy her outfit posts but also her take on the happenings in the fashion world. Follow Reb’s blog, tumblr, twitter, and instagram.
I hope you guys enjoy perusing through these blogs. Feel free to send me links to which blogs inspire you!
Faux Shearling Coat: Forever 21 (similar here) , Camouflage Jacket: Forever 21, White Pocket Tee: Madewell, Cut off Jean Shorts: J Brand (similar here), Distressed Tights: Urban Outfitters (on sale!), Shoes: Steve Madden (similar here) , Necklace: Bee Charming, Sunnies: Ray Ban
Three day weekends mean that Catherine has more free time to make excuses to shop aka support the economy. Here is my list of contributions:
1. 13-inch Macbook Air: you have changed my life forever. You are so thin & so fast, I can barely take my eyes off of you. Well, that is if I were to write a (non technical) love letter.
2. Danielle LaPorte’s orange book – Firestarter Sessions – has become one of my most recent accessories. I don’t go anywhere without it. Why? Bc I may have a spare moment to crack it open in between all things life. This book is jam packed with contagious, inspiring, creative, go-change-the- world-by-being-you energy. (have you ordered one yet?) It works for me. I like the way she speaks/teaches/coaches. Honestly, it is one of the reasons I am making a pact with myself to consistently blog. Just like the the title says, Danielle literally lights a fire under your arse – creatively speaking, of course.
3. GOLD turquoise jewelry, finally. I swear turquoise is paired with silver jewelry 80% of the time so when I saw a TON of gold turquoise jewelry in a new store in RVA called Altar’d State, I practiced self control and only left with 2 pieces.
Common question while shopping with moi: “Cath, don’t you already have that?” Loud sigh on my end, combined with a very stern reply: “No, I don’t have one that does [minor invisible detail] thisssssss.” Ok- big deal, I tend to purchase a variety of the same 4 things: booties, well cut t-shirts, turquoise jewelry, and anything black. One could say it is my uniform but you never know when the cycle of beautiful things may change. One day I may come home with a big poofy Cinderella dress in lieu of a hypothetical black tie event bc guys, I’m not that boring or predictable.
4. SAM EDELMAN LOUIE BOOTIES. Yes, I am behind the band wagon on these and yes, I have had the target version. So you can imagine my excitement when my eyeballs saw these beauties at Nordstrom’s Rack over the weekend. I looked like an absolute psychopath.. No, guys, this is serious. I have a tendency to freeze up when something unexpected happens – and by freeze up I mean look like an alien/make awkward facial expressions etc. Well, I started reaching for the booties really slowly while refusing to look at the size until I tried to them on bc I was afraid of sheer disappointment. Heres the thing: I have looked on website after website for these booties and was continously let down. There was a complete lack of my size (which ranges from a 6-7 depending on how badly I want the shoe, in this case 6, 7 or maybe 8 would have worked..) I was full of peace when these booties fit like a kind of glove and I discovered that these booties were a size 7. Thank you, universe.
5. Paper straws: Anyone who is anyone has paper straws these days. I guess we have Instagram and the bar cart fad to thank for this. Despite the fact that the idea of “paper” straws seem like a soggy idea to me, the power of persuasion really worked here. I have a hypothetical pinterest bar cart and I’m a beer and wine girl but when I saw the straws, I suddenly couldn’t live without them. Sometimes I like beer through a straw anyways.
6. We the Free Circle in the Sand Tee by Free People. I bought this shirt in army green on Friday afternoon and took it off once for a wedding. Yes, I slept in it. Yes, I did the wedding parties makeup in it (video & pics to come!!!!!) It is my soulmate in T-shirt form.
// The story of the striped wrap that went from an accessory to a necessity;
see for yourself at participating Targèt boutiques.