I am constantly perusing inspiration blogs and well, blogs in general in a borderline unhealthy way. To justify my obsession, I am going to highlight some of my favorite pictures I see weekly. All of these pictures are going to be subject to my weekly mood and I can’t promise that my mood will have any rhyme or reason. In my life long attempt to be just like Mary Kate & Ashley (jk – kinda), welcome to my first Influence* post! 1. This is a page out of Danielle LaPorte’s book I’ve mentioned in previous posts called “The Fire Starter Sessions.” This quote is quite the necessary reminder in my daily life to wear what I want, dream what I want, and to just be free of all that suffocating, overthinking, ego, mess. 2. Picture #2 and pictures #4-7 are from a blog I check daily, http://champagneculture.tumblr.com . For starters, the title on this blog is “Enough is Never Enough” and that sold me right from the start. On top of that, Jamie has beautiful posts and really gets my creative juices flowing. Check this lovely lady out on her blog or on instagram. 3. Picture #3 is of the style saint herself, Kate Moss, looking fabulous as ever. Every time I look at this, I can feel my fingers itching to get a grip on this AMAZING headdress. If you like what you see, I highly suggest you mosey on over to chanelbagsandcigarettedrags.com. You can also find the stylish Felicia on instagram, soundcloud, pinterest, and twitter. Give her a follow! Voilá, my first Influence post. If you guys have any particular books, blogs, places, things that influence you regularly, please feel free to share them with me. I would love to see where your inspiration comes from and maybe find some myself. xx, cath * Mary Kate & Ashley’s Book “Influence”
Three day weekends mean that Catherine has more free time to make excuses to shop aka support the economy. Here is my list of contributions:
1. 13-inch Macbook Air: you have changed my life forever. You are so thin & so fast, I can barely take my eyes off of you. Well, that is if I were to write a (non technical) love letter.
2. Danielle LaPorte’s orange book – Firestarter Sessions – has become one of my most recent accessories. I don’t go anywhere without it. Why? Bc I may have a spare moment to crack it open in between all things life. This book is jam packed with contagious, inspiring, creative, go-change-the- world-by-being-you energy. (have you ordered one yet?) It works for me. I like the way she speaks/teaches/coaches. Honestly, it is one of the reasons I am making a pact with myself to consistently blog. Just like the the title says, Danielle literally lights a fire under your arse – creatively speaking, of course.
3. GOLD turquoise jewelry, finally. I swear turquoise is paired with silver jewelry 80% of the time so when I saw a TON of gold turquoise jewelry in a new store in RVA called Altar’d State, I practiced self control and only left with 2 pieces.
Common question while shopping with moi: “Cath, don’t you already have that?” Loud sigh on my end, combined with a very stern reply: “No, I don’t have one that does [minor invisible detail] thisssssss.” Ok- big deal, I tend to purchase a variety of the same 4 things: booties, well cut t-shirts, turquoise jewelry, and anything black. One could say it is my uniform but you never know when the cycle of beautiful things may change. One day I may come home with a big poofy Cinderella dress in lieu of a hypothetical black tie event bc guys, I’m not that boring or predictable.
4. SAM EDELMAN LOUIE BOOTIES. Yes, I am behind the band wagon on these and yes, I have had the target version. So you can imagine my excitement when my eyeballs saw these beauties at Nordstrom’s Rack over the weekend. I looked like an absolute psychopath.. No, guys, this is serious. I have a tendency to freeze up when something unexpected happens – and by freeze up I mean look like an alien/make awkward facial expressions etc. Well, I started reaching for the booties really slowly while refusing to look at the size until I tried to them on bc I was afraid of sheer disappointment. Heres the thing: I have looked on website after website for these booties and was continously let down. There was a complete lack of my size (which ranges from a 6-7 depending on how badly I want the shoe, in this case 6, 7 or maybe 8 would have worked..) I was full of peace when these booties fit like a kind of glove and I discovered that these booties were a size 7. Thank you, universe.
5. Paper straws: Anyone who is anyone has paper straws these days. I guess we have Instagram and the bar cart fad to thank for this. Despite the fact that the idea of “paper” straws seem like a soggy idea to me, the power of persuasion really worked here. I have a hypothetical pinterest bar cart and I’m a beer and wine girl but when I saw the straws, I suddenly couldn’t live without them. Sometimes I like beer through a straw anyways.
6. We the Free Circle in the Sand Tee by Free People. I bought this shirt in army green on Friday afternoon and took it off once for a wedding. Yes, I slept in it. Yes, I did the wedding parties makeup in it (video & pics to come!!!!!) It is my soulmate in T-shirt form.