Today is a great day bc I decided that it is the the perfect day for me to reveal what magical potions I shower with regularly. Behold, how I rub a dub in ze tub (or something like it) :
1. Dry brushing, dry brushing, dry brushing. Have you googled it yet? Before I get into the shower, I always dry brush. Dry brushing is 100% addicting because it feels a-maaaaazing. If that isn’t a good enough reason to be a religious dry brusher, how about because it stimulates circulation, cleans your lymph, and can reduce cellulite? P.S Start brushing from the soles of your feet and work your way up, always brushing towards your heart because that is the natural direction of your lymph. P.P.S If you don’t want to take my word for it, check out this more in depth aka professional opinion on Birchbox.
2. My name is Catherine and I’m a spend-a-holic. You can usually find me spending too much money on just about anything, and especially on this Fekkai Shampoo and Conditioner. In my defense, it smells like beautiful rainbows and makes my hair follicles feel like they got a follicle lift or something. This is all dandy until I run out of shampoo and conditioner at a time when I had not fiscally planned to run out of shampoo and conditioner. If this happens and I cannot convince my brother/roomie that he needs to use Fekkai too (we have the same type of hair bc we are related), I go with my plan b magical potion. Check it out here. 3. The body wash I use smells like it was meant to be in your room for a stay in a five star hotel. Obviously it comes in a bigger bottle than the baby ones in your hotel bathroom, but who doesn’t want to close their eyes and trick themselves into thinking they are at a five star hotel every morning? My other judgement of body wash character (besides whether or not it makes me feel luxurious) is based on how it suds up. Two very important things. I can’t stand body washes that produce minimal amounts of bubbles. I like to put it on my loofah and proceed to cover myself in bubbles. Rain bath does just that, getcha some.
4. I exfoliate every other day because every magazine I read growing up told me to and dead skin cells are the worst. One of my favorite scents is jasmine and I hit the jackpot in the jasmine lottery with this exfoliator because guess what? This Nip + Fab detox exfoliator is a yummy Jasmine and Green Tea scent!
5. My favorite face wash is Estee Lauder’s Perfectly Clean. It leaves my face feeling clean but not stripped of moisture and is successful in the battle I like to call “removing catherine’s mascara.” Yeah. I tend to wear a lot. Anyways, I have worked at department stores and washed my face with approximately 1,307 different face washes, and this one takes the trophy as le best.
6. The flowers and the candle are part of my staging crew’s* attempt to chic up my shower pic. Doesn’t it look nice? * my alter ego